Grand Teton - Shorter Version

JimFox

Staff member
This is from 2 weeks ago in the Grand Teton National Park. I wanted to visit the park in the winter. I already posted a longer version that includes timelapse from several cameras shooting at the same time. But @Jim Dockery asked for a shorter version that was all from one camera, in this case the Nikon D850 which was the main camera used.

If you look close towards the end you can see where the framing got moved slightly. I am hoping that to the casual viewer it won't be noticeable, I know to us since we are used to looking for every little detail it might be easy to catch. Technically I now should have started over will all uncropped clips so that I could crop them all at once. When I was using timelapse from the other cameras initially, I was doing different crops to help mix up the viewing angles.

All comments are welcome,

Jim

Jim Dockery

Much better! That final framing was pretty obvious, but not a deal breaker - if that is due to an initial cropping of the RAW images that can be redone I think it would be well worth redoing it to make it perfect.

JimFox

Staff member
Much better! That final framing was pretty obvious, but not a deal breaker - if that is due to an initial cropping of the RAW images that can be redone I think it would be well worth redoing it to make it perfect.
Thanks so much Jim, I am glad you liked this version better.

My issue here is time, with the 6 grandkids I end up with little free time. Bits and pieces here and there, but I need to be careful I am able to have the time to work on my regular photography too.

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Jim this is much better and does not show artifacts like the previous one. The change in position is not a problem for me

Craig Zerbe

This is from 2 weeks ago in the Grand Teton National Park. I wanted to visit the park in the winter. I already posted a longer version that includes timelapse from several cameras shooting at the same time. But @Jim Dockery asked for a shorter version that was all from one camera, in this case the Nikon D850 which was the main camera used.

If you look close towards the end you can see where the framing got moved slightly. I am hoping that to the casual viewer it won't be noticeable, I know to us since we are used to looking for every little detail it might be easy to catch. Technically I now should have started over will all uncropped clips so that I could crop them all at once. When I was using timelapse from the other cameras initially, I was doing different crops to help mix up the viewing angles.

All comments are welcome,

Jim

Wow Jim , great video. I think I’m too old to stay up that late. Do you have a battery pack for the camera?

Top Bottom