Another bristlecone pine, from the White Mountains of California.
Ben, that's THE most famous Bristlecone Pine. Glad you've been there and posted it here.
I don't know Alan.... Very cool photos, but I am having a hard time finding the dead tree through all of the live ones.I had an old favorite moss covered snag in the Hoh rainforest I used to revisit whenever I was in the area and started shooting it in different seasons just for grins.
This is a summer scene:
View attachment 29133
The is from a fall visit:
View attachment 29134
I was up on the Olympic Peninsula one winter and got excited to see snow one morning so I dashed over to the Hoh to get the shot that would round out my collection but as it turned out the moss and gravity had finally prevailed and only left a stump standing where the tree once stood:
View attachment 29132
Great job Ben! This looks like the Sentinel Tree.
Those are some awesome dead trees!Yellowstone National Park, WYView attachment 29159o
It's the one that almost looks like a mossy saguaro almost dead center. Oh yeah - and it's the one that's missing in the last imageI don't know Alan.... Very cool photos, but I am having a hard time finding the dead tree through all of the live ones.![]()