Friday's Focus - 2018/09/07 - Zion National Park

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
Wow - what a great series, as my wife and I are off to all 5 UT NPs at the end of September, and Zion is one of the ones we will be visiting for the first time! I cannot wait for the trip, and seeing all these fantastic images is certainly not making it any easier :) Very inspirational stuff - thanks Jim for getting this thread going.

Now we just need threads on the other 4 parks before I leave for my trip! :)

ML
 

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
Wow - what a great series, as my wife and I are off to all 5 UT NPs at the end of September, and Zion is one of the ones we will be visiting for the first time! I cannot wait for the trip, and seeing all these fantastic images is certainly not making it any easier :) Very inspirational stuff - thanks Jim for getting this thread going.

Now we just need threads on the other 4 parks before I leave for my trip! :)

ML
Hey Mike, well at least we have Zion off your list! We did do a Friday's Focus on Utah a few months back, so you could find some of the other National Parks there.

Be sure to let us know you general itinerary before you leave, there is a good chance to meet up while you are on the road too. A bunch of us will be not too far from there. It's only a hop, skip and a jump from Colorado over to Utah. :)
 

Jeffrey

Well-Known Member
Well, this is going to be easy for all of us. You can't go wrong there, one of the most beautiful places. I've shot there so much that I am now more drawn to the more intimate scenes. Both of these were made with my Ebony SV45U 4x5 using Astia film.

thecrack3.jpg


ziontwigDS.jpg
 

Jim Dockery

Well-Known Member
As expected some outstanding shots already presented here. There sure was a lot of water in the Subway when you were there Kyle. Those last shots are beautiful Jeffery! I've seen that slot before, but forgot where it is.

For many years, starting back in the mid 70s when I went to the University of Utah, Zion was my favorite park due to the wild climbing on it's huge cliffs. Since I've retired and started returning in the fall for hiking and photography I still love the views, but not the crowds.

Angel's-Landing-descent.jpg



GWT-misty-gash_Pano1.jpg


Tilted-Boulder-sunrise-2.jpg


Virgin-river.jpg
 

JohnC

Well-Known Member
Jeffrey, I really agree with you about hunting the intimate spots. When I go somewhere famous, for at least the first time, I do try and capture the iconic views. But I really prefer those images that show off areas lesser know and lesser seen by visitors. You did a fantastic job of that.
 
Top Bottom