John Holbrook
Well-Known Member
Thursday’s Task: Same (or nearby) scene, different seasons landscape. My examples below:
Middle Prong Little River, Tremont, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, TN
Summer:
Autumn:
Jim, the Thursday’s Task introductory illustration this week is several Photoshop techniques employed to create the effect. My two examples below that are genuine.Love that John! This is something I want to do more of. It looks like you nailed the setup the 2nd time as the compositions look identical!
Rick, one beautiful scene revisited to create two enchanting images. Your work is worthy of signature!
Wow! Ben, these two images are perfect for this week's theme––beautiful work!
Alan, these images are perfect for this week's task––I can't choose a favorite pair, they are all so well captured! Thank you for sharing three examples.While I have shot lots of places during different seasons I was surprised to find how few of them were really shot from the same spot. I did find some examples for this theme however.
Shepperd's Dell in fall and winter:
View attachment 52333
View attachment 52332
Redwoods Nature Trail in early fall and again in the winter:
View attachment 52334
View attachment 52335
Elowah Falls in February and again in August:
View attachment 52336
View attachment 52337
Ken, beautiful seasonal examples you’ve shared and each is noteworthy on its own—but as a collection they are more inspiring.More to come but I will start with Hadrian's Wall. I think that I need to visit this Autumn for a sunset shot.
Winter
View attachment 52338
Spring
View attachment 52339
Summer
View attachment 52340
Ken, another location and another beautiful series! Thank you for sharing this collection as well.Another set. This is Borrowdale, in the English Lake District ,looking over Derwentwater towards Skiddaw (the hill at the back). No winter shot this time, another image I need to get. Ken
Spring
View attachment 52346
Late Summer
View attachment 52347
Autumn
View attachment 52344
Lastly Autumn again but an afternoon shot
View attachment 52345
Kyle, impressive Mt. Shasta/Heart Lake collection—love each season you’ve shared—each is so beautiful. The Avalanche Creek images are very nice as well, particularly the winter image with the snow on the rocks.A couple of examples came to mind. First is heart lake and mount shasta:
1) Late spring
View attachment 52351
2) Summer
View attachment 52354
3) Falls
View attachment 52352
And a favorite spot along Avalanche Creek in Glacier
1) Summer
View attachment 52359
2) Winter
View attachment 52370
Tim, very nice dock images (it took a second for me to see the snow in the first one). I especially like your two lighthouse images—both beautiful landscapes!