The library at University of Washington

Jameel Hyder

Staff member
Went up to the University a couple of days ago to try out the EF 11-24mm. The library is a great place to photograph both from inside and outside for its great architecture, stained glass windows. The external view is using the 16-35mm.

C&C Welcome

Inside the main hall - two views

5DSR4780.jpg

5DSR4783.jpg

Stairs leading down to the lobby

5DSR4789.jpg

The external view

5DSR4813.jpg

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
That is a stunning library, love your first and last image. Very good geometric correction for these shots. Did you just get the 11-24? I love mine.

Jameel Hyder

Staff member
That is a stunning library, love your first and last image. Very good geometric correction for these shots. Did you just get the 11-24? I love mine.
I had it for a while but haven’t used it much for landscape. The key to using this lens is to keep it perfectly level in both axis to avoid distortions which can be severe at 11mm. This also means one has to crop a bit.

JimFox

Staff member
Great job here Jameel. You really captured the look and feel of the Library well.

Jameel Hyder

Staff member
Beautiful building and photos to match. How did you get these shots without anyone in them?
Thanks Jim. I went there during the winter break. Had to wait out a few tourists indoors to get the images there. Not many students inside fortunately.

Long exposure outside eliminated the people - luckily they were moving. Again had to wait out a few standing in one place taking selfies.

Carlo Didier

A very impressive building. I'd prefer the first one more symmetrical.
They all look cool, but also a bit like HDR overdone. Wonder what they would look like in B&W?

beavens

Forum Helper
Cool stuff, Jameel! I really enjoy those stairs, and think that with the tonality in play that it would also make a great BW conversion.

Jeff

Jameel Hyder

Staff member
A very impressive building. I'd prefer the first one more symmetrical.
They all look cool, but also a bit like HDR overdone. Wonder what they would look like in B&W?
thanks Carlo. These are all single image with minimal processing - so no HDR. I think it lends itself to B&W with the tonal range.

Top Bottom