Stanley, ID

JohnC

Well-Known Member
Thanks guys. It was good weather Alan. The snow in the mountains had fallen a couple weeks earlier. Amazingly enough the vantage point is actually from a turnout just after the road ramps up for a nice elevated view. Of course wandering beyond the turnout is always more exciting. :) I actually climbed part way up a hill with no trail, on the opposite side of the road. Couldn't get a good view due to other growth and decided to climb back down while still able too. ;-)
 

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
That's the one, might have been a different room, but this is the place. I ate at that restaurant by the bridge.
 

JohnC

Well-Known Member
Jameel, you absolutely should.

Ben, mine was a freestanding cabin. Had a small kitchen. I was only there one night scrambling to figure out where to shoot the next morning. I nuked a can of chili and had a couple beers in the room. Next time I’ll spend more time there, plan better and find an open restaurant for a nice hot meal.
 

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
Very cool John! What a great location you found. I definitely like this composition and view. I would suggest to darken the grasses in the lower right from their bright tan color to a more darker brown as that corner grabs the eye a bit. But otherwise, this is really sweet and I sure would have liked to have been there.
 

JohnC

Well-Known Member
Very cool John! What a great location you found. I definitely like this composition and view. I would suggest to darken the grasses in the lower right from their bright tan color to a more darker brown as that corner grabs the eye a bit. But otherwise, this is really sweet and I sure would have liked to have been there.
Thanks Jim. I think you're right about the grass.

A friend told me about Stanley and I actually extended my trip to come back thru Stanley and the Sun Valley area. I spent a nite in Stanley as well as a nite in Hailey and am so glad I did. The beauty in those areas cannot be overstated. Especially since I timed it just right for some stunning fall colors. I'm already trying to plan a future trip where I can spend more time in those areas.
 
Last edited:
Top Bottom