South Coyote Buttes, Paria Canyon - Vermilion Cliffs Wilderness, AZ

AlanLichty

Sweet combination of colors - I really like that two tone rock down in front with the curve that closely mimics the layer just above it behind as well as the outline of the buttes.

Timmeh

Lovely composition, and one of my favorite images of yours! There's a little bit of a halo around the tall peak that you could bring down.

Tim

Lovely composition, and one of my favorite images of yours! There's a little bit of a halo around the tall peak that you could bring down.

Tim
Thanks for the tip, Tim. I totally whiffed on that until you mentioned it. I think I fixed it. Did I?

BTW, it is good to see you back posting. I haven't seen you for a while.

Sweet combination of colors - I really like that two tone rock down in front with the curve that closely mimics the layer just above it behind as well as the outline of the buttes.
Thank you, Alan. I have taken a number of images of this spot and this one seems to be the best composition. As I said to Ben, I originally thought this one was too dark to process successfully.

JimFox

Staff member
That’s one of favorite areas there. I like mini-me in this and what has drawn me to it. Great clouds and color.

You were probably smarter then me in that my last trip out there was in the dead of winter because I thought I would be smart and not have to worry about the sand hills to deal with as they would be snow hills instead and be easier to drive on. Which actually they were.

Timmeh

Thanks for the tip, Tim. I totally whiffed on that until you mentioned it. I think I fixed it. Did I?

BTW, it is good to see you back posting. I haven't seen you for a while.
It definitely looks a bit better, but it likely comes from clarity. Using the adjustment brush you can paint on reduced clarity.

I'm trying to post more often, but I'm trying to figure out how to balance shooting, processing, printing, and doing something with the images without running out of time.

Tim

Top Bottom