Schwabacher at Night

MonikaC

Well-Known Member
I have to admit that although I appreciate how the National Parks (at least until this administration) protects amazing areas, I hate the crowds. Since I travel with my dog, I can't go into the backcountry (my usual solution), so I generally stay on the periphery. This time, I had her stay in the car while I went a little ways down the trail (before when I've shot here, I've been on the roof of my FJ at the parking lot). Nobody around except the bugling elk and a few splashes in the water, maybe from fish, maybe river otters. and an 86% moon. Zero other humans.

SchwabacherMeteors.jpg
 
Last edited:

AlanLichty

Moderator
Sweet - I'd take this one over the crowds at that place any day (or night) of the week. I am a bit amazed at how little snow/ice there is atop the peaks in this view. This is the most naked view I think I have seen of these peaks.
 

MonikaC

Well-Known Member
That's a lot of moonlight, looks bright as day but still dark enough to see stars and aircraft/satellites! I love the reflections you got!
It got so that the moon cast long shadows & it was time to stop. I guess I could have come back 3 or 4 hours later when the moon was high, but, unlike someone in this forum who doesn't appear to need sleep, I like to snooze.
 

MonikaC

Well-Known Member
Sweet - I'd take this one over the crowds at that place any day (or night) of the week. I am a bit amazed at how little snow/ice there is atop the peaks in this view. This is the most naked view I think I have seen of these peaks.
Yes, I prefer to see snow on the peaks and seeing them completely bereft of the white stuff was sobering. Having the place to myself was quite the treat.
 

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
It got so that the moon cast long shadows & it was time to stop. I guess I could have come back 3 or 4 hours later when the moon was high, but, unlike someone in this forum who doesn't appear to need sleep, I like to snooze.
LoL... I wonder who that would be... :)
 
Top Bottom