Ruby Beach

John Holbrook

Well-Known Member
I like both edits—but the B&W is my preference for the more striking tonal contrasts. I vacillate with the very dark blue sky being too dark—or perfect to provide more tonal range in this beautiful B&W. Either way, very nice. (The color version is very nice as well).
 

larryj

Well-Known Member
Occasionally, I'll try a B+W conversion and won't have strong feelings one way or the other. So let's put it to a vote and see if we can agree which one is better. This is Ruby Beach in Olympic National Park, Washington. Is it better in color or B+W?

View attachment 92217
View attachment 92218
Both are very nice, but I prefer the color version; the green color on the rock really adds something special to the image IMO! :)
 

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
Wait...... Let me vote... :)

I am going with B&W! I guess Color still wins, but at least it's now 4 to 3. :)

One thing I liked with the B&W and it's a small thing, but you turned the green to be white, which helped it not get lost in translation. :)
 
Top Bottom