Retired

JohnC

Well-Known Member
I shot this in 2014 at the Orange Empire Railroad Museum. I always liked the color version but kept thinking it would make a better B&W. I processed it a few times in B&W but never quite got the look I wanted. The other day I tried again and came up with this. I actually started with a color version that I processed in Lightroom and then ran through ON1 Effects. I liked that the as a color shot. Then I ran that file through Nik and used SIlver Efex Pro2 which I then tweaked to come up with this final result. Sorry if that's TMI. :)


 

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
I sure like the look of this B&W. It’s got some really great tones. It sounds like this photo took a long time to get to this final form, but it was worth the wait!
 

JohnC

Well-Known Member
Thanks Jim. I really like the contrast and the lines. I might consider entering it in the fair next year.
 

Zeph

Well-Known Member
Your processing highlights the lines and shadows which extenuates the repetitive aspect of the design of the car.
Definitely print worthy.
 

JohnC

Well-Known Member
Your processing highlights the lines and shadows which extenuates the repetitive aspect of the design of the car.
Definitely print worthy.
That is one looong passenger car. Nice work John.
Thanks guys.

Now that I see it here I think I need to crop that hook out of the upper left corner. I guess the need to constantly re-process never ends. :)
 
Top Bottom