Redfish Lake - Stanley ID

JohnC

Well-Known Member
During my brief stay in Stanley, ID I explored Redfish Lake among other areas. Both of these photos show the Sawtooth Mountains over Little Redfish Lake. Having never been there before I scrambled to do some research on the area. I ended up parking in a turnout and then hiking back into a closed campground to find these shots. Much to my delight, the first snow of the season had fallen in the mountains two weeks before my arrival.




 

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
Very cool John! #1 especially is really sweet with some very nice framing. It's always fun to explore new area's and it looks like you did a fine job.
 

JohnC

Well-Known Member
Thanks Jim. That framing was sheer serendipity. I was trying to make my way elsewhere and looked up in time to see the composition staring right at me. Nothing to do but drop the tripod and get set up. :) I just wish I had more time there.
 

JohnC

Well-Known Member
Thanks Jordan and Joe. And I agree with you about the color Jordan. The whole lake area was pretty much void of color but it was very cool finding just enough to be part of this composition.
 
Top Bottom