Morning at the Park

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
We needed some sunrise locations on days we were based in Monticello, so we went into the Needles district of Canyonlands NP. We found the best sunrise location to be near the park headquarters and more specifically near the wooden shoe pull out. I was not impressed with that feature (at least from that location) so I pointed my camera towards the best light reflections.

221003-2623-R5-CR3_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg


221003-2629-R5.jpg
 

AlanLichty

Moderator
Lovely pair of images - I like the light in both of these and am glad you went with your instinct on which way to point your camera. The first image has some fun light and skies.
 

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
Love the road shot Ben, but I also really like #1.

I have also found that area to be the best in the Needles District, so it's great to see you thinking the same.
 
We needed some sunrise locations on days we were based in Monticello, so we went into the Needles district of Canyonlands NP. We found the best sunrise location to be near the park headquarters and more specifically near the wooden shoe pull out. I was not impressed with that feature (at least from that location) so I pointed my camera towards the best light reflections.

View attachment 53533

View attachment 53534
Ben, this is a beautiful set, love the the lighting on the 2nd photo.

Oliver
 

Beth

Well-Known Member
both are great, but the second one is spectacular with the light and the s curve in the road leading into the frame.
 
Top Bottom