Mono Lake 5-21 thru -24

Jeffrey

Looks to be some cloud oriented weather in the area next week. I'm planning to be around Mono Lake and surrounds. Come on up! (or down). Maybe I'll finally get a decent image of the place.

JimFox

Staff member
Hey Jeffrey, that sounds like fun. Lots of crazy weather in the forecast. I am hoping to be inYosemite this weekend, so that would push my being able to get to Mono Lake as not too probable. But it would be fun.

AlanLichty

On the one hand I'd love to go after Mono Lake but at the same time I have spent 22 of the last 35 days on the road and am ready to stop and hang out at home for a while.

Fair warning - what I have seen so far this year is a notable uptick in people getting out and infesting iconic places and in much larger numbers than I have seen before. As I left the Oregon coast this morning I could already see the newly retired boomers staking out their areas within the campgrounds for Memorial Day weekend for the family gatherings that will follow a week from now. Are there areas that permit dispersed camping anywhere in the vicinity of Mono Lake? I have only stayed at a campground in Lee Vining the one time I passed through there.

This entering the time of year when I park my RV for the summer at a storage lot and wait for Labor Day Weekend to go by......

JimFox

Staff member
On the one hand I'd love to go after Mono Lake but at the same time I have spent 22 of the last 35 days on the road and am ready to stop and hang out at home for a while.

Fair warning - what I have seen so far this year is a notable uptick in people getting out and infesting iconic places and in much larger numbers than I have seen before. As I left the Oregon coast this morning I could already see the newly retired boomers staking out their areas within the campgrounds for Memorial Day weekend for the family gatherings that will follow a week from now. Are there areas that permit dispersed camping anywhere in the vicinity of Mono Lake? I have only stayed at a campground in Lee Vining the one time I passed through there.

This entering the time of year when I park my RV for the summer at a storage lot and wait for Labor Day Weekend to go by......
Alan, to loosely quite Thanos, "Dread it, run from it, destiny arrives all the same. People in the world will go to the Iconic places."

AlanLichty

Not a big fan of places that my 24' RV can really go during the summer seasons once the yard apes are off their leashes in public places on weekdays. I got the RV mostly for touring parks and coastal areas but I do that from Sept through May. Once you hit July the coastal areas up here are kind of boring to me with no good waves and either stark raving clear skies or marine layer gray.

I intend to spend quite a bit of the summer doing day trips exploring the backroads in the Cascades to the east of Vancouver. I haven't really had a chance to that that yet in spite of living up here for over 20 years now.

Top Bottom