Mobius Milky Way

Kyle Jones

Moderator
I made a quick Eastern Sierra trip this week, the main goal of which was to photograph Mobius Arch at night. My estimate was that Halloween night would be the best chance to capture the Milky Way behind Mobius Arch at moonrise. The area was cloudy when I arrived, but it cleared as predicted, the stars lined up, and some moonlight alpenglow finished the scene. I combined a longer exposure for the ground with a shorter sky shot for this to reduce noise, but I could have used a single frame for this image.

More shots from this week to come, including an awfully nice sunset at Mono Lake. Any thoughts are welcome.

8943 Mobius Milky Way_1200.jpg
 
Last edited:

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
Perfect thinking Kyle! I had seen on Facebook that you guys had gone, so I was looking forward to seeing what you had captured. The moon is the master light painter, and it did a great job with this.
 
I made a quick Eastern Sierra trip this week, the main goal of which was to photograph Mobius Arch at night. My estimate was that Halloween night would be the best chance to capture the Milky Way behind Mobius Arch at moonrise. The area was cloudy when I arrived, but it cleared as predicted, the stars lined up, and some moonlight alpenglow finished the scene. I combined a longer exposure for the ground with a shorter sky shot for this to reduce noise, but I could have used a single frame for this image.

More shots from this week to come, including an awfully nice sunset at Mono Lake. Any thoughts are welcome.

View attachment 66510
Kyle, this is a well planned shot, beautiful.

Oliver
 

Marcy

Well-Known Member
this is one of my bucket list trips , covid ruined our trip to there - hope to get there some other time - great shot
 

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
A 'typical' Kyle Jones capture - which is to say - breathtaking! Your planning and patience really paid off on this one, it is really special!

ML
 
Top Bottom