McGee Creek Canyon

Beth

Well-Known Member
i love how the mountain is framed by the sloping land on either side of the photo. very effective comp. too bad about the blown highlights in the clouds.
 

AlanLichty

Moderator
Stunning scene. I do wish the clouds were just a bit less bright but the mountain keep me from being distracted by them.
 

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Wonderful memories here, I camped here even more than Rock Creek. Great scene but I have to agree on the blown clouds.
 

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
Hey John, the McGee creek area is a very cool area. You have some really nice yellows in this, but there is still a bit of green surprisingly left. It’s nice when the fall colors stretch out like that.
 

JohnC

Well-Known Member
Yeah, I'm quite aware the clouds are blown out. By the time I was there I was shooting mid day, almost directly into the sun. I tried some different things but the dynamic range was just brutal. I haven't uploaded my iPhone pics yet to process or analyze, but I may have a better version on my phone.
 
Top Bottom