It's Begining to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

JohnC

Well-Known Member
As winter approaches, I have been reviewing my snow pics from Yosemite. This is from a trip in Feb 2016. The chapel is the oldest structure in the valley. For whatever reason, I never get tired of trying to shoot the chapel on every trip. I'm hoping to make a possible banzai run this winter as a storm finishes dumping a nice layer of snow in the valley. Fingers crossed. That's how this trip happened.

On a somewhat related note, I awoke this morning at 0-Dark:30 (6:30 my time) to try and snag a campsite for my now annual spring pilgrimage to the valley. Even with a new website I managed to pull it off without a hitch. I'll be in Upper Pines #29 May 5-10 next year. If you're in the 'hood, come on by and say hello.

 

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Wow, that bright church really pops from the background snow. I love those rocks peeking out above too.
 

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
This is very nice John! The snow makes all the difference there. I don't shoot it as often as you, but I do shoot it maybe once a year or so, probably my favorite that I have is in fresh snow that has no footprints on the pathway leading up to the chapel, which after a couple of shots, I walked up to the chapel ducked around and came back so I could get a shot with just a solitary set of footprints leading to the chapel. It was pretty cool.
 

JohnC

Well-Known Member
This is very nice John! The snow makes all the difference there. I don't shoot it as often as you, but I do shoot it maybe once a year or so, probably my favorite that I have is in fresh snow that has no footprints on the pathway leading up to the chapel, which after a couple of shots, I walked up to the chapel ducked around and came back so I could get a shot with just a solitary set of footprints leading to the chapel. It was pretty cool.
Thanks Jim. I'd love no footprints. But that's a tough order. As empty as the park was that day, I obviously wasn't the first one there. But I'm more than willing to try again this winter. :)
 

JohnC

Well-Known Member
Thanks Alan. :) It was my goal to help the chapel stand out a little better against the background. I reviewed many photos on google to try and keep it realistic while still adding a little pop. I think this does it, but it's always good to hear other's thoughts. :)
 
As winter approaches, I have been reviewing my snow pics from Yosemite. This is from a trip in Feb 2016. The chapel is the oldest structure in the valley. For whatever reason, I never get tired of trying to shoot the chapel on every trip. I'm hoping to make a possible banzai run this winter as a storm finishes dumping a nice layer of snow in the valley. Fingers crossed. That's how this trip happened.

On a somewhat related note, I awoke this morning at 0-Dark:30 (6:30 my time) to try and snag a campsite for my now annual spring pilgrimage to the valley. Even with a new website I managed to pull it off without a hitch. I'll be in Upper Pines #29 May 5-10 next year. If you're in the 'hood, come on by and say hello.

Very nice, John
 
Top Bottom