Humboldt Redwoods State Park

JohnC

Well-Known Member
I recently returned from a trip to visit the redwoods. This photo was taken just outside the visitor center while driving the Avenue of the Giants. I stopped to collect some info. While wandering about I almost got swallowed by this creature. Fortunately, I lived to complete my trip. :)


 

AlanLichty

Moderator
I love those mossy old snags in those forests. Very hard to get shots in there without a cloudy day given how dark the forest canopy is relative to the bright skies above. It looks like you had had to work the skies pretty hard to get this image to work but you did a pretty good job with the contrasts.
 

JohnC

Well-Known Member
I love those mossy old snags in those forests. Very hard to get shots in there without a cloudy day given how dark the forest canopy is relative to the bright skies above. It looks like you had had to work the skies pretty hard to get this image to work but you did a pretty good job with the contrasts.
Well, the whole trip was populated with plenty of "too much dynamic range". Lol! I think I was fortunate here in that the sun was somewhere else other than in the direction I shot. I worked a little in post but not much. The image really just came to me as I was strolling. Kind of a blind squirrel moment. ;-)
 

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
This is very nice John! Those forested area's have compositions all over the place, the hardest thing is just being able to spot them. It looks like you did a great job of spotting it here.
 

Timmeh

Well-Known Member
Hi John,

Well done on the bearded Big Leaf Maple. They're quite possibly the brightest green organisms in redwood forests.

Tim
 

JohnC

Well-Known Member
Hi John,

Well done on the bearded Big Leaf Maple. They're quite possibly the brightest green organisms in redwood forests.

Tim
Thanks Tim. They turn a beautiful gold in the fall. I may have to track them down again this fall. :)
 
Top Bottom