Friday's Focus - 2020/12/18 - Next State Over

Kyle Jones

Moderator
Hi Everyone - the focus for this week is images from states (or other regions for people outside the US) that border your state. So it is kind of like travelling, but only a little way :)

So since California is bordered by Nevada, Arizona and Oregon, here's an image from each to get us started...

1) Nevada - Valley of Fire
9812 Valley of Fire_850.jpg


2) Arizona - Red Rock Crossing in Sedona
0005 Cathedral Rock River_850.jpg


3) Oregon - Abiqua Falls
2361 Abiqua Ferns Landscape_850.jpg
 

AlanLichty

Moderator
Washington is only bordered by Idaho and Oregon so I have less to show and especially for Idaho. I drive through Idaho in transit other places a lot but haven't taken many images there to be honest. This first shot is from the western end of Lake Pend Oreille:

LPendOreille.jpg


Oregon on the other hand is where I shoot most often and especially along the coast. This is a sunset shot from Brookings:

HBSunset6.jpg
 
Nice topic, Kyle. Arizona is bordered by New Mexico, Utah, Colorado (at least at the four corners area), Nevada. and California so here goes.

Sand Hill Crane at Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge, New Mexico
Sandhill Crane taking off.jpg



Mesquite Flat Dunes, Death Valley National Park, CA
dune in death valley.jpg



Crazy Hill, Valley of Fire State Park, NV
Crazy Hill XI.jpg



The Great White Throne, Zion National Park, UT
The Great White Throne vertical.jpg



Reflection near Redstone, Colorado
Colorado Reflection.jpg
 

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
As usual, fantastic stuff on a fun topic. It is revealing to realize even though my home state of CO borders many states (especially if you take 4 corners into account) I have nothing from Kansas or Oklahoma, and almost nothing form Wyoming. I decided to try to at least mostly post what I have not posted before. Unfortunately, the pano images just don't have the same impact on a typical computer display...

Arizona, a rare B&W for me:
LRCC_sRGB_FW_SedonaSentinels_PSCC_TAP09680_B&W.jpg


New Mexico, this is the view right out the door of the Casita del Lago, on the shores of the Chama River as it emptiesd into Abiquiu Rservoir. Our group of 4 astroimagers has come here multiple times for a week of astrophotography fun:
LRCC_sRGB_FW_CasitaView_TAP00976_PSCC.jpg


Utah, Delicate Arch at last light:
LRCC_sRGB_FW_DelicateArchEndofDay_IMG_0532_3_4.jpg



Nebraska, Eclipse Composite, this has been posted previously, but this is a later version that brought out more corona detail...
LRCC_sRGB_FW_TotalEclipse_PSCC_Ver17.jpg



ML
 

MonikaC

Well-Known Member
Another Coloradan here. I have nothing from Nebraska, Kansas or Oklahoma. But, oh, the remaining states....... hard to choose! Mostly I tried to pick the less usual kind of shots.

Wind Rivers in Wyoming.
B&W-Cirque-from-Temple16x24.jpg


Hidden Valley outside of Moab, Utah
Hidden-Valley-pano-base-dust-crop-vivezasky.psb.jpg


Orderville Cascades in Zion, Utah
Orderville-cascade-B&W.jpg


Canyon Road Christmas Eve in Santa Fe, NM
luminarias.jpg


If you guys hadn't reminded me of 4 Corners, I would have left out AZ.
The entrance to Havasu in the Grand Canyon.
Entrance-to-Havasu-(1).jpg


Redwall Cavern in the Grand Canyon.
Redwall-Cavern-rotated-1016.jpg
 

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
Another Coloradan here. I have nothing from Nebraska, Kansas or Oklahoma. But, oh, the remaining states....... hard to choose! Mostly I tried to pick the less usual kind of shots.

Wind Rivers in Wyoming.
View attachment 34613

Hidden Valley outside of Moab, Utah
View attachment 34614

Orderville Cascades in Zion, Utah
View attachment 34616

Canyon Road Christmas Eve in Santa Fe, NM
View attachment 34615

If you guys hadn't reminded me of 4 Corners, I would have left out AZ.
The entrance to Havasu in the Grand Canyon.
View attachment 34617

Redwall Cavern in the Grand Canyon.
View attachment 34618
Wow, what a great set! Love both the B&W images, and also that Havasu Entrance image too - great stuff!
ML
 
Top Bottom