Dean at Mesquite Dunes

AlanLichty

Remarkable to get a shot like this without footprints. Adds a nice sense of scale to the scene. Great clouds and almost the perfect angle to offset the angles of the dunes.

Did you have to pay extra for the clouds to pose like this for you? 😁

Bart Carrig

Thanks, Al. Dean's trick is to hike for an hour or so to find "a quiet place". The clouds were free. Dean said he'd been to DV several times, and never had clouds; but we just lucked out.

Bart

Bart Carrig

No you wouldn't : ). Though the night before was when I got blown over in my tent in the middle of the night, and it was pretty much my pack and gear that kept me on the ground. I'm guessing 35 mph or so. It was my first trip to DV, an extraordinary place. Thanks.

Bart

JimFox

Staff member
No you wouldn't : ). Though the night before was when I got blown over in my tent in the middle of the night, and it was pretty much my pack and gear that kept me on the ground. I'm guessing 35 mph or so. It was my first trip to DV, an extraordinary place. Thanks.

Bart
Hey Bart, I had the same thing happen to me one time out there. First it’s like my tent was going to blow away with me in it, my tent was half buried in sand when I woke up. Those night winds are pretty crazy.

JimFox

Staff member
Remarkable to get a shot like this without footprints. Adds a nice sense of scale to the scene. Great clouds and almost the perfect angle to offset the angles of the dunes.

Did you have to pay extra for the clouds to pose like this for you? 😁
No foot prints is an amazing sight!

Top Bottom