Cloud caldron

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Here is a collage of my favorite recent time lapse videos. 5 time lapses pruned for what I think is the best of each. Spent all day yesterday and I still see some small glitches. I had one all ready to go when I spotted a dust bunny had to go back into Photoshop and use the spot tool. It was at the end when no clouds covered it. I scrolled to the clip where it started and used the spot tool and it worked fine. But the rendering takes forever.

Like to hear feedback,. Is it too long? I did not use any pan or zoom on this because it seems like each viewer has a different idea on how and when it should be done.

Last edited:

JimFox

Staff member
I would say this is a very nice collection Ben. It indeed looks like a cauldron with the way those clouds were all toil and trouble!

This could be a good way to go with your timelapses, just take the best and put them together like this.

You should pan and zoom based on what looks good to you, or needed. Everyone is going to have a different thought on that.

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Thanks for looking and leaving a comment Jim. I have been playing around with different settings. Trying to find a way to make shutter priority work. Now I am playing with manual mode for shutter and aperture but auto ISO. This allows the TL to run a bit longer than shutter priority and has a nicer end. Aperture priority will just keep on running until it gets very dark, but eventually speeds up too much and has too much color shift. I can cut off the offending part. But it never gets dark enough.

So last night I had max ISO at 3200, tonight I am trying 1600. I have decided the only thing that matters is that it gets through golden hour and has a graceful end.

AlanLichty

I finally took the time to watch it all - nice collage. Its fun seeing the time-lapse of the clouds/mountain top dance in action. Real life glances at the clouds don't really show the flow of the air currents around the peaks like the time-lapse does.

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Thanks guys, I know it's long and repetitious, so I am thankful you guys made the effort. I am getting in practice for my summer season when I will have better or at least different subjects.

Top Bottom