Bringing in the Harvest

JimFox

Staff member
Bringing in the harvest at Miller Farms in Colorado. I only had my IR camera that day as I was feeling in the Infrared kind of mood. :)

Not Channel swapped
Nikon D7100 converted to 590nm IR

I did a Channel Swap on this, but then the pumpkins turned back to orange, and other then the tractor looking a little rusty having turned orange, it just looked like a normal photo, so I didn't go with it.

All comments are welcome,

Jim

_DSC1816_WBbox_dw.jpg

AlanLichty

Nothing normal about the scene with this palette :)

Interesting how some things reflect the various IR wavelengths.......

JimFox

Staff member
Nothing normal about the scene with this palette :)

Interesting how some things reflect the various IR wavelengths.......
Thanks Alan! Yeah, it's always funny to see what reflects IR light and what doesn't. I mean I know what should, but still it seems like sometimes things that shouldn't reflect, do reflect.

AlanLichty

Thanks Alan! Yeah, it's always funny to see what reflects IR light and what doesn't. I mean I know what should, but still it seems like sometimes things that shouldn't reflect, do reflect.
Basically shoot it and then look for the results from what I have experienced. Its hard to predict the reflectivity of lightwaves we can't see :)

JimFox

Staff member
Basically shoot it and then look for the results from what I have experienced. Its hard to predict the reflectivity of lightwaves we can't see :)
Yep, that's what I do. I mean, you can tell, I capture just about everything in Infrared. I have said it before that sometimes, I will only take the Infrared camera with me as I just feel like IR that day. So that forces me to capture anything I want captured in IR. It's a fun practice.

Panther

That turned out neat Jim ..............I like your style on only taking your IR Rig !!!

Happy Thanksgiving !!!

Top Bottom