Back Roads

AlanLichty

Moderator
That's a LOT of color - nice to get the overhead view. Looks like some trees have already dropped everything.

I flew around a bit yesterday but I had to strain to find even hints of color in the deciduous trees and even that was obscured by the haze from wildfire smoke.
 

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
That's a LOT of color - nice to get the overhead view. Looks like some trees have already dropped everything.

I flew around a bit yesterday but I had to strain to find even hints of color in the deciduous trees and even that was obscured by the haze from wildfire smoke.
Thanks Alan. This area is listed as Past Peak. I would probably describe it as Peak since there are still some green ones. But yeah, I loved the range of color. It's one of the things that has been drawing me back to Minnesota now for the last 3 years, so much color and I didn't even have to drive to Vermont! :)
 

Beth

Well-Known Member
love that you took this with your drone. that's the best color i've seen anywhere, and the diagonal road cutting through makes the image for me.

the mid-atlantic is changing, but it looks like everything is just going brown.
 

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Wow Jim, I just did Alpine Loop this morning and thought this is the best color since I moved here. but that mid east color is so much more intense and has those gorgeous reds, no wonder people go east for fall color.
 

Jameel Hyder

Moderator
Staff member
Wow Jim, I just did Alpine Loop this morning and thought this is the best color since I moved here. but that mid east color is so much more intense and has those gorgeous reds, no wonder people go east for fall color.
Alpine loop was still not peak when I drove by there. I wish I had more time to go there one more time.
 

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
love that you took this with your drone. that's the best color i've seen anywhere, and the diagonal road cutting through makes the image for me.

the mid-atlantic is changing, but it looks like everything is just going brown.
Thanks so much! Yeah I liked having the road angle a bit.

Hopefully you do get some color back east.
 

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
Wow Jim, I just did Alpine Loop this morning and thought this is the best color since I moved here. but that mid east color is so much more intense and has those gorgeous reds, no wonder people go east for fall color.
I look forward to your alpine loop shots Ben.

This is the Midwest not Mideast as an FYI. Not even sure where Mideast would be?

Yeah, some of this trees that were red were so vibrant even to my eyes, I wish I could turn down the saturation in my eyeballs... :)
 

Bob Israel

Well-Known Member
Beautiful Jim. I have neglected taking out my drone as I have been playing with some other toys of late. Hopefully, I get to explain in person while you're here in Minnesota.
 

Trent Watts

Well-Known Member
If I didn't know better I'd say you were a show-off Jim ;);). Well for sure you know how to show off nature's beauty. That really is a lovely shot Jim.
 

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
If I didn't know better I'd say you were a show-off Jim ;);). Well for sure you know how to show off nature's beauty. That really is a lovely shot Jim.
Ha ha Trent! I was really flying that day. :)

I stand by my saying, Minnesota's Fall Colors are a Poor Man's Vermont. o_O
 
Top Bottom