JimFox

Staff member
I guess I should have used this for last Friday's Focus.

https://www.focalworld.com/index.php?threads/fridays-focus-2019-01-04-reflections.7376

This is from almost 6 years ago in April, and shows how cold it can be out in the desert even as it's warming up elsewhere. This is from the Temple of the Sun and Moon, and is the Moon. I didn't have any clouds, but I really enjoyed working these small frozen areas with the reflections.

All comments are welcome,

Jim

_D8C5517_dw.jpg

AlanLichty

Nice view of this scene. I have not been out there during winter months and this does make it a temptation.

JimFox

Staff member
A lovely image Jim. In my line visit to that area, couldn’t see any water in that area.
Thanks so much Jameel, there isn't much rain there and it soaks in fast. This was a case where it was snowing on the I-70. Here it allowed the snow/slush to freeze before soaking in. Just a little south of this area has some nice drainage too that can have water in it after a rain. The problem there is you typically don't want to be on the roads there when they are wet.

JimFox

Staff member
Nice one Jim, that's the road isn't it?
Thanks Ben.

No this is the road/drainage you cross just before getting to the Temple of the Moon. You can drive on it a bit, but I didn't. I stopped and walked as I saw the ice on the road and didn't want to crush it.

Alisa

This is great! I think my winter conditions were a bit different... lol I love this reflection!

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
Really special area I was unable to get to the first time around out in that area. On my list for the future certainly. This seems like a pretty unique capture - the reflections are nice, and the fact that there is ice there, not what I was imagining could ever happen when we were in the area in September that's for sure :)

ML

Tom Narwid

I guess I should have used this for last Friday's Focus.

https://www.focalworld.com/index.php?threads/fridays-focus-2019-01-04-reflections.7376

This is from almost 6 years ago in April, and shows how cold it can be out in the desert even as it's warming up elsewhere. This is from the Temple of the Sun and Moon, and is the Moon. I didn't have any clouds, but I really enjoyed working these small frozen areas with the reflections.

All comments are welcome,

Jim

View attachment 15433
Very nice Jim.

lionking

Love this! Very well composed and exposed, the bottom looks a bit oversaturated, i know its because its darker, but it kinda draws too much attention, and looses the balance a bit...

Top Bottom