Recent content by JohnC

  1. JohnC

    Bald Eagle Take-Off Sequence

    Thanks. I was there some years back but don’t remember too much about the area.
  2. JohnC

    Bald Eagle Take-Off Sequence

    Very nice Kyle. Can I ask where this was taken?
  3. JohnC

    the Big boy Elks are out in Yellowstone NP

    Very nice Marcy. I’m going to be there the 23rd for 5 days and then 10 days in Grand Teton.
  4. JohnC

    Jam the YNP Grizzly

    Very nice. I saw her this spring and got some photos but they weren’t very good. Had much better luck shooting 399 and Spirit in Grand Teton on the same trip.
  5. JohnC

    Mule Deer Bucks in Yellowstone

    The rut starts soon. You should be able to see and hear them more often.
  6. JohnC

    View from inside Chapel of the Transfiguration

    Very nice. I have some similar photos from this year and last year’s trips to GTNP.
  7. JohnC

    Yosemite Valley this week

    Have a great time Jeffrey. I've got some appointments as well. As usual though, I'll be watching for some snow this winter and hope to make a trip up. This recent storm was too little.
  8. JohnC

    Deadhorse Point

    Very nice Ben. Ya‘ done good!
  9. JohnC

    Stanley, ID

    Thanks Jim. I think you're right about the grass. A friend told me about Stanley and I actually extended my trip to come back thru Stanley and the Sun Valley area. I spent a nite in Stanley as well as a nite in Hailey and am so glad I did. The beauty in those areas cannot be overstated...
  10. JohnC

    Stanley, ID in living B&W

    Thanks Jim. I usually try to upgrade every other year so I was due. I'm still only seeing the differences from version 12 to 20. 21 isn't yet released but I will get that as part of the upgrade too. I'm going to try and see what photos I can find online from Yosemite this week and try and judge...
  11. JohnC

    Stanley, ID in living B&W

    Sounds cool. I actually went to Boise to evaluate real estate. How do you like Kalispell?
  12. JohnC

    Stanley, ID in living B&W

    OK, thanks. I thought that was in your backyard but maybe I'm thinking of somebody else.
  13. JohnC

    Stanley, ID in living B&W

    Thanks again Kyle. Do you have any idea how the color in Yosemite Valley is progressing? Last year I went Nov 1 and it turned out to be too late. This year I noticed color in the Eastern Sierra developed later than prior years. I'm wondering if late color might be happening in the valley. I'd...
  14. JohnC

    Stanley, ID in living B&W

    Thanks Kyle and Jameel. Alan, I try as hard as possible not to RTFM if at all possible. I mean, anybody can do that. Right? Figuring it out on your own at my age is what keeps my mind active. :-)
  15. JohnC

    Stanley, ID in living B&W

    Thanks guys. Who knows how good it could get if I ever RTFM. LoL :-)
Top Bottom