Teton Range

JimFox

Staff member
As I was leaving the Tetons last month I realized that I had not done any IR photography, so despite a bit of a breeze and a pretty bright sun to the East I stopped in a few spots for some shots. This one isn't perfect, there is some movement in the brush due to having to shoot a 10 sec exposure since I am still just screwing on a 720nm IR filter onto my lense to do IR.

All comments are welcome,

Jim

_D851186_dw.jpg

Amy Nelson

You're certainly headed to right direction Jim....Great shot, I really like the shadows from the clouds casing over the mountain. I have one suggestion/or thought, if you're not dealing with any breeze, on a image like this go ahead and truly make it a long exposure so your clouds reflect that more. As is, they look blurry, and I thought a longer exposure would make that area look a little better, but that's just my person thought.

JimFox

Staff member
You're certainly headed to right direction Jim....Great shot, I really like the shadows from the clouds casing over the mountain. I have one suggestion/or thought, if you're not dealing with any breeze, on a image like this go ahead and truly make it a long exposure so your clouds reflect that more. As is, they look blurry, and I thought a longer exposure would make that area look a little better, but that's just my person thought.
Great idea... that's true I should just embrace it and I easily could have shot this at 30 secs instead of 10 secs.

Thanks Amy!

beavens

Forum Helper
Personally I'm not digging the color combo - I think that a pale pink or yellow would pair better. And I'll also be a contrarian with the clouds - I love how dynamic they make the image feel, especially contrasted to the highly detailed range/trees. I might look to pull back the detail in the foreground - it could be due to web sizes, but things look a bit crunchy.

When you gonna give mono a shot?:D

Jeff

Top Bottom