Nikon Releases Firmware for Z-Series Mirrorless Cameras

JimFox

Staff member
Nikon Releases Free Firmware for Z-Series Mirrorless Cameras Adding Eye-Detection AF & Other Upgrades

Nikon_Z7_sensor-3jpg_0.jpg

Nikon just released free new firmware to upgrade its Z-Series full-frame mirrorless cameras: the 25.4MP Nikon Z6 and 45.7MP Nikon Z7. The new Nikon Z firmware adds a host of improvements to these two cameras including eye-detection autofocus (AF), better AF performance in low light, and auto-exposure tracking to continuous shooting high-speed (extended) mode, Nikon said.

For more Read: https://www.shutterbug.com/content/...rorless-cameras-adding-eye-detection-af-other

JimFox

Staff member
Does Nikon typically charge a fee for firmware updates?
Nope they don't. I had the same thought about the headline.

I am trying to start adding some daily news here at FocalWorld from linking other sources, so I didn't want to change their Headline wording even though it kind of sounds dumb by stating it's free. Maybe it would have been fine to change on our end?

ckcarr

Founding Member
I didn't know Shutterbug still existed. I know they took a bunch of peoples subscription money, like mine, then went digital.

On topic, I have never paid for a Nikon firmware upgrade. Only the Nikon Capture NX to Capture NX2 update long ago. Now, even that processing software is free.

JimFox

Staff member
I didn't know Shutterbug still existed. I know they took a bunch of peoples subscription money, like mine, then went digital.

On topic, I have never paid for a Nikon firmware upgrade. Only the Nikon Capture NX to Capture NX2 update long ago. Now, even that processing software is free.
Yeah, it was a dumb title from their part. I guess I should change it. :rolleyes:

I had never subscribed to Shutterbug, I did go to the book store and occasionally buy it. But usually only about every 3 months. I enjoyed it mainly for all of the adds to dream about what I could buy... :)

Top Bottom