Laowa 12mm Zero-D f/2.8 reviewed

Vieri

For my Fine Art Landscape work, I find ultra-wide-angle lenses to be wonderful creative tools because of the different “view of the world” they provide: see in this Venus Optics Laowa 12mm f/2.8 Zero-D in-depth review my thoughts about this relatively new and promising addition to the ultra-wide pool, and about its place in a Fine Art Landscape photographer’s bag.

While I reviewed it adapted for my Leica SL, the lens is available in Nikon mount as well, so I thought it might be relevant:

https://vieribottazzini.com/2018/05/venus-optics-laowa-12mm-f-2-8-zero-d-in-depth-review.html

Thank you for reading, best regards,

Vieri

Last edited:

JimFox

Staff member
Thanks for this review Vieri! As soon as the bustle of the morning subsides I will read it. It's a lens I have heard about and had some interest in, so I will enjoy your review.

Vieri

Thanks for this review Vieri! As soon as the bustle of the morning subsides I will read it. It's a lens I have heard about and had some interest in, so I will enjoy your review.
You are welcome Jim, enjoy the ready and let me know your thoughts :) Best regards,

Vieri

Kurt Harrigan

Have you had the chance to try this lens with any nightscapes? In particular, I was wondering about coma and edge fall-off when shooting the Milky Way and/or star trails.

Top Bottom