IR Portrait...

Amy Nelson

I thought I would follow suit with Jim Peterson's posting an IR portrait. I was taking portraits of my son's two weeks ago, and thought it would be fun to see what I could do with an IR portrait. It's amazing what it does with the skin, but the eye's are the IR give away.

Camera: Sony a6300
IR Conversion: 590nm
Lens: 50mm

Please share your thoughts and input.

Leif_4-16-2020---1.3.jpg

JimFox

Staff member
Ha ha, it looks like a bit of peach fuzz on his chin as we say. :)

I think this looks super cool, the IR is great with this. If I had one suggestion, it would have been to have his eyes not look quite so far to his left. I like how looking off to his left, just not quite so much so that so much of the white of his eyes are showing. It's one of those things if I was shooting I wouldn't have seen or caught, it's easier to catch little things afterwards it seems. :)

Amy Nelson

Ha ha, it looks like a bit of peach fuzz on his chin as we say. :)

I think this looks super cool, the IR is great with this. If I had one suggestion, it would have been to have his eyes not look quite so far to his left. I like how looking off to his left, just not quite so much so that so much of the white of his eyes are showing. It's one of those things if I was shooting I wouldn't have seen or caught, it's easier to catch little things afterwards it seems. :)
Lol...ya, not much mare than peach fuzz!

And I totally agree with you on the eyes. At this point we had been shooting normal portraits for quite a while, and we were done or at least he was...but I wanted to get a few IR one's, so I pretty much had to take what I could get.

I have included another that you might get a kick out of.

Thanks - Amy
Leif_5-16-2020---1.jpg

Top Bottom