Recent content by Josh Dye

  1. Josh Dye

    Thursday’s Task

    Thanks Jim! Yes, definitely in the summer. All depends on wind, temp, humidity and whatnot. But the best time of year to get shots like that are June-August! Happens quite often during those months but the height seems to differ every evening. Let me know if you ever come up this way, we can...
  2. Josh Dye

    Thursday’s Task

    Don't have many layer shots, but living in the Bay Area gives me access to cool fog layers sometimes. 1. July 4th 2021. Way better than fireworks! 15 second exposure. 2. August of 2021 I believe? 50 Second exposure. 3. Rolling hills near my house in Livermore. Old file that needs a touchup.
  3. Josh Dye

    Milky Way Arch and Moonrise

    Thank you Alan. Certainly was nice that it came together all at once.
  4. Josh Dye

    Milky Way Arch and Moonrise

    Hey thanks Jim! Good luck with the eclipse, can't wait to see what images you get!
  5. Josh Dye

    Milky Way Arch and Moonrise

    Hey everyone, It's been a while since I have posted on here! I've been super busy with work, school, and the possibility of starting my own little business. I've still managed to get out and shoot when I have time, so I have quite a few images saved up that haven't hit this forum yet. This is...
  6. Josh Dye

    Mobius Milky Way

    Wow this is awesome Kyle. Great composition with the late season Milky Way and that moonlit glow is perfect!
  7. Josh Dye

    Cathedral Valley

    Awesome light and perfect clouds. Great image.
  8. Josh Dye

    Lake Tahoe Mega Sunset Panoramic

    Hey thanks for the kind words Jim! Definitely one of the tougher edits I’ve done and probably the most difficult pano I’ve put together. But I think I may have read your mind when putting Alan’s suggestions to use as I dehazed some of the blues by -7 in my new edit! Once I get back to my...
  9. Josh Dye

    Lake Tahoe Mega Sunset Panoramic

    Thanks Oliver! Thanks for the suggestions, Alan. I actually went ahead in Lightroom and did these changes and it helped out quite a bit. It's a minimal difference for most but I definitely notice a change!
  10. Josh Dye

    Lake Tahoe Mega Sunset Panoramic

    Hey everyone, it's been a while (again). This past week was my last full week of summer before the new semester starts so I decided to make a trip up to Tahoe for about three days. My original plan for this trip was to shoot some new Milky Way photos, but as the week got closer my plans somewhat...
  11. Josh Dye

    Waterfall In A Tea Cup

    Beautiful shot Oliver. Love the streaky reflections of the greenery in the water below.
  12. Josh Dye

    The Benson Bridge and the Falls

    Wow that’s really impressive to hear about. Sounds like you’ve gotten a good amount of knowledge out of the camera system so far too. If I had the money I’d totally buy that M3P but I just can’t justify that over a lens right now haha. Excited to see the new images you get with it!
  13. Josh Dye

    The Benson Bridge and the Falls

    Nice shot Alan. The new mavic 3 pro seems like a sweet drone. Have you noticed if there’s any loss of sharpness when at 70mm or 166mm? Super curious to hear how some of those photos come out.
  14. Josh Dye

    Stormy Dogwoods

    Oh man this is a great comp Jim. I really like the edit you did to this one too. Nice and moody.
  15. Josh Dye

    Patagonia continues....

    Wow. This is gorgeous.
Top Bottom