Thursday’s Task

John Holbrook

Well-Known Member
Another nice theme and I have a few I can contribute this week.

The obvious one - Grand Canyon
View attachment 92468

Black Canyon of the Gunnison
View attachment 92469

20 Mule Team Canyon, Death Valley NP
View attachment 92467

Lower Antelope Canyon, AZ
View attachment 92470
Jameel, beautiful canyons you’ve shared for this week‘s Task. I love your “obvious example”—the Grand Canyon capture in beautiful light and a definite favorite. Love the sky! Another with a beautiful sky is the image of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. Very nice and a favorite. I like the Death Valley image too—and the title. I’ll have to look up the title for the 20 Mule Team Canyon—there has to be an interesting story there. The Lower Antelope Canyon image is a gorgeous capture. I love the composition and colors and a definite favorite. Thank you again for these splendid ”canyon” examples you shared.
 

AlanLichty

Moderator
Lots of ways to play with this topic and I found a few.

Storm at Horseshoe Bend

HorseshoeTrailStorm.jpg


Upper Paria Canyon, Utah

VermillionCliffs-UpperPariaCanyon4.jpg


Cottonwood Canyon Road, Utah

CottonwoodCanyon4.jpg


Upper Antelope Canyon, AZ

UACSandfalls1.jpg


Blue Basin in the John Day Fossil Beds National Monument

BlueBasin5-1.jpg


Hidden Lake in Glacier National Park

HiddenLake.jpg
 

John Holbrook

Well-Known Member
Lots of ways to play with this topic and I found a few.

Storm at Horseshoe Bend

View attachment 92471

Upper Paria Canyon, Utah

View attachment 92472

Cottonwood Canyon Road, Utah

View attachment 92473

Upper Antelope Canyon, AZ

View attachment 92474

Blue Basin in the John Day Fossil Beds National Monument

View attachment 92475

Hidden Lake in Glacier National Park

View attachment 92476
Alan, I really like the canyon examples you shared today! Stormy Horseshoe Bend, quite a sight—and image. Nice. I love the Paria Canyon image—I love the bands of color throughout the image. Very nice and a favorite. The Cottonwood Canyon is quite impressive capturing the different layers along the road. Very nice. I love the Upper Antelope Canyon image, especially the slow motion of the sand captured and a favorite. The Blue Basin image contrasts the smooth clouds above with the rocky formations below. Very nice. I like the Hidden Lake image capturing all the beautiful layers. Very nice and a definite favorite. Thanks again for sharing Alan.
 

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
I Heart "Canyon"Lands

_NZ80441_dw.jpg


I just finished processing this from my hotel room in Minnesota. This is from back in June. I cleaned up a couple of smaller extra clouds out of the image so that this cloud stood out a little better. This is at Sunset.
 

John Holbrook

Well-Known Member
I Heart "Canyon"Lands

View attachment 92477

I just finished processing this from my hotel room in Minnesota. This is from back in June. I cleaned up a couple of smaller extra clouds out of the image so that this cloud stood out a little better. This is at Sunset.
Wow! Incredible capture Jim and thank you for sharing this very unique sunset in Canyonlands National Park. Simply gorgeous!
( I “heart“ this image!)
 
Top Bottom