Thursday’s Task

John Holbrook

Well-Known Member
I'm a bit late to the party but have some to contribute. Saskatchewan, the province where I live has the statement "Land of Living Skies" on our license plate. It is pretty flat so lots of sky is visible most of the time.

These were all taken close to where I live. When the canola (yellow) and flax (blue) are in flower lots of people go looking for a nice composition with the flowers and the sky.

View attachment 71995View attachment 71996View attachment 71997View attachment 71998
Trent you do live in a perfect landscape for skies—and you’ve shared some beauties! Your second image’s composition typifies this—beautiful sky captured! I also love the last two with the great skies and the canola and the flax beneath.
 

John Holbrook

Well-Known Member
Busy all day and this is the first chance to participate. Lots of great images. Here are mine.

Grand Canyon Double Rainbow.
View attachment 72007


Lightning over Mingus Mountain.
View attachment 72008


Halo and Parahelia (sun dogs)
View attachment 72009

Saguaro at Sunset
View attachment 72010
Doug, you have shared more than beautiful skies with a variety of other atmospheric phenomena! I love the double rainbow at Grand Canyon (my favorite) but the halo/sun dogs is the most unique. And by the way, great lightning capture too! Thanks for sharing these beauties!
 
Top Bottom