Yellow Trout Lilies

Very nice Doug. The bright yellow and lush greens are a great color combination.
Thanks a lot, Jameel. I have always loved flowers so when I took up photography seriously to provide examples in my geology classes, I had to find something else to photograph when I wasn't on the road doing geology images. In my home state of Illinois that was wildflowers.

This is so beautiful! What a great looking plant.
Thanks, Jim. I had to lie on the ground to take that second one so I used my diffusion tent because the ground was wet. Little did I know that the sticks poking out of the ground without leaves were poison ivy. After I finished photographing I rolled up the tent and put it on my shoulder. The next day I had poison ivy all over my neck.

Carlo Didier

Beautiful "portraits" :)
The first one is my favorite, because I don't like the artifial looking black background in the second.

Beautiful "portraits" :)
The first one is my favorite, because I don't like the artifial looking black background in the second.
Thanks for that comment on the second one, Carlo. It turns out I was playing around making flower images really stand out from their backgrounds by turning the backgrounds black and these images were mixed in with my regular images and I accidently selected the wrong one. I have replaced the black background one with the natural one above. I didn't notice I had done that until you pointed it out. I appreciate your comments on my images. Please keep it up.

Top Bottom