where it all began - Colorado fall

Craig Zerbe

The first time I ran into members of this group was in Colorado this fall - at the True Grit field. Finally have gotten around to processing the images from that day. I'll never forget driving on that dirt road, 20 miles from anywhere, and rounding a bend and seeing 50 or more photographers set up (I think there were at least 3 workshop groups). I am sure among the members here, we probably have a 1000 shots of that field. Here are a couple I have developed so far. These are taken about 30 minutes apart - before sunset.
_DSC9721-Pano-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

_DSC9783dd-Pano-Edit-Edit.jpg

JimFox

Staff member
You nailed it Craig! That is a very popular spot for workshops, and it was really awesome that among that group we were able to connect with each other. It's definitely awesome having you as a part of our community here.

Again, 2 really nice shots. It's so cool how the light changes there, and also how the clouds can catch color even after it seems like it's too late.

Craig Zerbe

Did one more - timing between the other two. Sky had a little more color but not the direct lighting the other two received. Had to tone down the clouds as the original was fairly intense.
_DSC9741-Pano-2-Edit.jpg

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
Great location - very nicely captured. I particularly like the lighting, colors, and sky of the 2nd one (but would be happy to have shot any of the 3!)

ML

Dean

Craig,
All very nice.. that was a fun night :) Glad you became part of this group it a great place to hang out.
Regards,
Dean

JimFox

Staff member
Very nice work on this 3rd one Craig! You have 3 winners here. I will though pick #2 as my favorite of the 3.

The first time I ran into members of this group was in Colorado this fall - at the True Grit field. Finally have gotten around to processing the images from that day. I'll never forget driving on that dirt road, 20 miles from anywhere, and rounding a bend and seeing 50 or more photographers set up (I think there were at least 3 workshop groups). I am sure among the members here, we probably have a 1000 shots of that field. Here are a couple I have developed so far. These are taken about 30 minutes apart - before sunset.View attachment 15496
View attachment 15497
Wonderful images, Craig.

Top Bottom