What Do You Miss Most?

JimFox

Staff member
Or, what are you looking forward to doing again once things settle down from the Coronavirus?

Of course #1 is being able to get out and travel and shoot some more photos. I have been limited to local subjects.

#2 - Going to the Asian's Buffet again for all you can eat crab legs.

#3 - Being able to go to the Movies. I really enjoy the new Stadium seats there, and I really like the theater feel for new movies.

I think that's my top 3.

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
1 going out for camping/photography in Moab Hanksville area. I can do local stuff

2 going to lunch with my 2 buddies.

otherwise not much has changed for me

AlanLichty

I had in mind to do several more trips out along the coast this spring but at the moment non-residents are being told to stay away and if you show up in any of the Oregon coastal communities you will be asked to leave immediately.

My usual alternative is to head up the Gorge but it got swarmed on the first sunny weekend we had in mid March so it got closed down entirely other than I-84. All trailheads and established campgrounds in the Mt Hood and Gifford Pinchot national forests are closed.

Happily in my case I have an active woodworking project making a new Pacific coast maple dresser so have not been bored at all. I bought all of the wood for this in January and February and have all of the glue, urethane, drawer slides, and drawer handles to complete the project. I will confess that sanding all of the pieces for 10 drawers (50 pieces total) is a bit on the boring side but it gives me something to do.

Jameel Hyder

Staff member
Meeting and hanging out with friends.
My construction project which had to be shut down till the lockdown is over.
Exploring some new areas outside of the day trips which I can still do although till Last week the weather here has been meh.

Darcy Grizzle

I'm with Jeffrey, Friday nights out to dinner with hubby, mom & sometimes son so none of us has to cook & we relax and enjoy each other with a good margarita (though now we make quaranritas better than any restaurant).

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
1) eating out with friends and family

2) Being able to safely travel to see and photograph new and scenic places

3) Being able to enjoy the outdoors here in CO

ML

pepper

1. having a day off of work.
2. working an 8 or 10 hour shift instead of a 12-18 hr shift.
3. staying home and doing nothing and being bored out of my mind.

JimFox

Staff member
1. having a day off of work.
2. working an 8 or 10 hour shift instead of a 12-18 hr shift.
3. staying home and doing nothing and being bored out of my mind.
Your work schedule was already insane, I was imagining that it would only get worse for you.

Jim Dockery

Skiing. With all the trailheads closed I can't even drive up to my little local mountain for a solo jaunt. We got a good dump of cold snow last week and then the sun came out showing the beautiful mountains. It was sooo tempting to just break the state wide shelter in place rules and go (it's only a 30 min. drive), but part of why they are asking us to not hike/climb/ski is to not strain the first responder/hospital system. I know from experience that s!@# happens out there and I would be so embarrassed and ashamed if I caused such a problem.

My wife is getting a bit stir crazy just hanging out with me - she normally meets friends for lunch once or twice a week. I also feel for my 87 year old mother who lives alone. We usually go to her place, or bring her up to ours for a couple days, two times a month. Phone calls are not the same as sharing a nice dinner then watching a good old movie.

Last edited:

TimMc

Supporting Member
Going out to Philly and seeing our new grandson. That trips requires stops at Watkins Glen, Ricketts Glen and Blackwater Falls. But this trip Teddy will be the star.

JimFox

Staff member
Going out to Philly and seeing our new grandson. That trips requires stops at Watkins Glen, Ricketts Glen and Blackwater Falls. But this trip Teddy will be the star.
Yeah, missing a new grandson would be huge!

JimFox

Staff member
I just realized I am also missing IHOP. I love the double blueberry pancakes there. :(

Top Bottom