We are ruining the Planet

Darcy Grizzle

I went with my mom today to Pabco Trail which is a part of our Wetlands in Las Vegas today to take the dogs walking. I was so sad & dismayed to see the state they are in with all the trash. I think I am going to contact them & see if we can get a clean up day going.

#1 & #2 - Great Blue Heron on an Island of trash.

DSC_0973.jpg

DSC_0977.jpg

#3 - Gull with more trash

DSC_1055.jpg

#4 - Great Blue Heron flying by with more trash.

DSC_1185.jpg

#5 & #6 - Trash on the Islands in the middle of the wash.

DSC_1046.jpg

Attachments

AlanLichty

Ugh. Makes no sense why people would dump their trash there.

Sadly I could easily document similar sights along the NW coast. For us it's endless miles of small plastic waste that comes in with the tides and the amount of it on the beaches right now is the worst I have seen in the 22 years I have lived here.

Darcy Grizzle

Ugh. Makes no sense why people would dump their trash there.

Sadly I could easily document similar sights along the NW coast. For us it's endless miles of small plastic waste that comes in with the tides and the amount of it on the beaches right now is worst I have seen in the 22 years I have lived here.
It is just so very sad.

Brian

I just watched a youtube video from a photographer who was there. I was disgusted by the trash as well. Your photos are great. That would be great if you could do something like that.

Darcy Grizzle

I just watched a youtube video from a photographer who was there. I was disgusted by the trash as well. Your photos are great. That would be great if you could do something like that.
I would love to find the video, thank you!

ckcarr

Founding Member
Not everyone thinks.

We don't normally have trash problems out here because many visitors are respectful. Although we do get wind blown stuff.

I still remember though a white van pulling up at Dead Horse Point many years ago and around 10 people got out, all were smoking, and then they just threw their butts on the ground... That left a mark on my brain.

However, what is seemingly getting worse is permanent vandalism of places. And I am sadly starting to see more and more fences going up.

Amy Earl

How awful! It's sad to hear that the trash/vandalism problem is getting worse, not better! I've never lived on the west coast of the US but always had the impression that that was the more progressive coast in terms of tackling environmental issues.

That's a wonderful idea to try to help clean up that area, Darcy! Ugh, makes me want to fly over there to help out :(

On a positive note, your #4 image with the heron flying over the ducks is amazing! Such a sharply focused action shot.

Debbie Stahre

Very saddening. I see it constantly here in Down East Maine. Even walking my dog to the 2 ends of my long horeshoe shaped driveway every morning there is new trash to pick up. And there's nothing worse than focusing your camera in on a bird or animal only to have the shot spoiled by trash.

Top Bottom