Waterfall Wednesday 7/25/2018

JimFox

Staff member
Here is a USGS website that gives current data. https://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?site_no=09402000 As you can see the waterflow is low right now because we have a pause in the monsoon rain. You can also see how long the decent flow occurs after a monsoon storm. The ideal flow for the falls is 2000cfs or more. The spring melt runoff from the White Mountains is much more consistent.

At any rate when you decide to photograph them you can stay with us. It is about 1 1/2 hours from our house.

BTW I love lower Yellowstone Falls and this is a nice image.
Thanks for the info and the invite Doug! It's much appreciated.

rfkiii

From Yellowstone.
Hi Jim. I was in Yellowstone last week and I am sure you can imagine what waterfall I was going to post from that trip, but as they say, if you snooze, you lose. ;) I think I have something else I can post this week. Nice shot.

Bart Carrig

Another great series, and a fine assortment. Always at some point in the day at work, it hits me that it's waterfall wednesday. But whether I remember it later - after the nightly lego inspections and battles -- that's a different story. But tonight, I'm glad I got to see them on the same Wednesday. And I'll note: Ben, still loving that image; Guy -- your contribution is truly extraordinary; LK, it's fine to be humble, but that's one great image. Jim -- best shot of Yellowstone I've seen, it's very real, but also painterly.

Bart

AlanLichty

Fabulous collection of images, everyone.

This is a closeup detail of Dettifoss, the most powerful waterfall in Europe, and is in Iceland. You must work differently when your subject is simply energy.
That waterfall looks almost scary. Nice work on capturing a taste of that energy.

JimFox

Staff member
Hi Jim. I was in Yellowstone last week and I am sure you can imagine what waterfall I was going to post from that trip, but as they say, if you snooze, you lose. ;) I think I have something else I can post this week. Nice shot.
Ha ha Rick, I have a limited archive with me as I am still on the road, so I hope you don't mind if I say I am glad I beat you to the punch this week. :)

Next week though will be all yours for Yellowstone!

Top Bottom