Updated website

Sunny Sra

Hello All,
I recently started updating my website. www.SunnySra.com

Would love to have your thoughts around:

1. Ease of Use
2. Content ( too big, not big enough...)
3. What do add more
4. What to remove

Thank you

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Hey Sunny, this is a great gallery. I left some ratings and comments. It works well and was easy to navigate and

Sunny Sra

Hey Sunny, this is a great gallery. I left some ratings and comments. It works well and was easy to navigate and
Ben,
Thank you for taking the time to go through them all and leaving comments/ratings. I was able to follow your journey in real-time via the analytics to gauge interest and time spent per photo.

Kyle Jones

Definitely a lot of beautiful images. One thing that struck me is that the home page referred to "moments, stories, photography". At this point your content is pretty much just photographs. Do you have a plan to add "stories"?

The one navigation thing I struggled with was how to go back to the gallery list after browsing one. Strangely enough, clicking "galleries" at the top of the page didn't occur to me. That might just be my own personal problem!

Sunny Sra

Definitely a lot of beautiful images. One thing that struck me is that the home page referred to "moments, stories, photography". At this point your content is pretty much just photographs. Do you have a plan to add "stories"?

The one navigation thing I struggled with was how to go back to the gallery list after browsing one. Strangely enough, clicking "galleries" at the top of the page didn't occur to me. That might just be my own personal problem!
Hi Kyle,
Yes, stories will be coming up eventually. Right now just focusing on content and tagging. I may move all this to a customized website so I can do SEO properly, I think all these cookie-cutter providers suck at artist SEO and more focused on their platform/services on the back of the photogs.

JimFox

Staff member
I just got a chance to finally look at the updated website.

Overall my impression is it's very nice, with definitely top notch photography.

A couple of thoughts.

1. A few more Galleries would be good. Not sure how it looks on other monitors, but on mine I had a row of 3 and a row of 1. That didn't seem like much, and looked uneven. How about breaking the Earth gallery into Mountains, Water, Stars, etc? Having 5 or 6 galleries would at least fill out the Gallery page a little fuller.

2. The Flora Gallery only has 3 photos and they all look almost the same. I would get some more flowers in there soon.

Again, overall impression is this is awesome looking.

Sunny Sra

I just got a chance to finally look at the updated website.

Overall my impression is it's very nice, with definitely top notch photography.

A couple of thoughts.

1. A few more Galleries would be good. Not sure how it looks on other monitors, but on mine I had a row of 3 and a row of 1. That didn't seem like much, and looked uneven. How about breaking the Earth gallery into Mountains, Water, Stars, etc? Having 5 or 6 galleries would at least fill out the Gallery page a little fuller.

2. The Flora Gallery only has 3 photos and they all look almost the same. I would get some more flowers in there soon.

Again, overall impression is this is awesome looking.
Jim,
All good ideas. I'll probably do 2 rows of 3. Breaking down the "Earth" category into subcategories has both risks and rewards:
Reward: People can just go to whatever sub-gallery they want to see
Con: It could become too many clicks to get to the destination and people can lose interest and abandon the site.

Top Bottom