Tractor

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Seems to be an International harvester. Very old timer with those deep grooved front tires. I like the framing you used here.

JimFox

Staff member
Very cool Joe! I am glad you are looking for farm subjects.

This one looks great, though I think I would give a slight nod to the color version.

JimFox

Staff member
Hey Joe,

I love tractors, they remind me of my Dad. So I am really enjoying this one.

One thing I noticed this time is on the tree on the left side where the cloud is really dark above the tree, but the openings in the leaves are then abruptly lighter. I have a Tutorial I wrote up that can quickly blend those areas and make it a more seamless transition. Check this out if you haven't before. https://www.focalworld.com/index.php?articles/halo-removal-in-photoshop.38/

JimFox

Staff member
P.S. I use that trick all of the time to seamlessly blend in those small openings in the leaves. I will usually go with a large clone brush, and then set the opacity to 80% as I follow the technique in the that Tutorial. If you do it 100% it will visually look too dark, so for those small openings I decrease the opacity so as to blend in a slightly lighter sky which then looks good for the tree gaps.

David S

The color version may be more natural, but the tones and range in this version are pretty nice.

Top Bottom