Thursday Task - 09/10/2020

I will pick Cumbria, the county that I live in. It is only 2,600 sq miles so tiny in comparison to USA states but it has a variety of terrain including the English Lake District. This image was taken as I returned to my car as I thought that the light had disappeared for the day and when I saw this kicking off I ran quickly to get into position and change lenses from 16-35 to 70-200. The light show lasted long enough for this one composition. Ken
View attachment 32044
I will pick Cumbria, the county that I live in. It is only 2,600 sq miles so tiny in comparison to USA states but it has a variety of terrain including the English Lake District. This image was taken as I returned to my car as I thought that the light had disappeared for the day and when I saw this kicking off I ran quickly to get into position and change lenses from 16-35 to 70-200. The light show lasted long enough for this one composition. Ken
View attachment 32044
Wonderful lighting, Ken.

I have resided in 3 states as a photographer - Arizona, Utah, and Washington.

First up is Arizona - this was taken back in the mid 60's on a high school field trip to the Havasu Falls area. I don't recommend trying to shoot down the falls with a twin lens reflex camera like this - I had a buddy holding onto me while I focused the shot and will never do something like that again.

View attachment 32047

Utah - this is from the San Rafael Swell in 1977. Scanned from Kodachrome 25:

View attachment 32048

Washington - this is an 8 vertical shot panorama taken of a sunset at Ruby Beach:

View attachment 32049
Wonderful images, Alan.

Top Bottom