Sunset on Mt. Rainier

Travis Rhoads

I spent this past weekend in the Seattle area...and spent a day down south at Rainier National Park. It was my first visit...and won't be my last...I thought I would share this one image from there...
RainierAboveTheClouds-FB-IG.jpg

I hope everyone here is doing well...life is calming down just a bit...still playing catchup but its getting better.

Travis Rhoads

Very nice takeaway from your visit. I like the dusting of snow down in front with the low clouds leading my eyes up to the peak.
Thanks Alan. It was a pretty cool place to be for the first time...snow is not something I get to work with much at all.

JimFox

Staff member
Hey Travis,

It's great to see you here! You have been missed, so it's great to see you. :)

This is a very cool shot of Mt Rainier, I like how you set it up with that frozen foreground. You definitely need to get bac there in July when the wildflowers are popping and the snow will still be on the mountain, but you will have more access to get closer to it.

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
Staff member
Great composition, excellent detail in the foreground leading the eye to the wonderful payoff in the distance! Looks cold :) I was in that national park not too long ago and found it to be an amazing place indeed! Great work accomplished here - from reading above I ascertain you have been away from FW. Please do not continue to deprive us of any of your future images!

ML

Travis Rhoads

Great view of Rainier. Also, good to see you back posting.
Thank you Ben. I continue to be very busy, but am hoping to slow it down a bit as I transition into 2019...

Hey Travis,

It's great to see you here! You have been missed, so it's great to see you. :)

This is a very cool shot of Mt Rainier, I like how you set it up with that frozen foreground. You definitely need to get bac there in July when the wildflowers are popping and the snow will still be on the mountain, but you will have more access to get closer to it.
Thanks Jim, although I am rarely missed anywhere...LOL! I do want to go back at different times of the year...a bit of a challenge, but I think the summer time could work with my kid out of school...she would like it.

This is a wonderful composition, Travis.
Thank you Douglas. I had a UWA zoom with me on this trip for the first time in a while, and I was glad I did...while not as sharp as my primes, it managed and allowed a little more flexibility in compositions.

Beautiful
Thanks Bob.

Great composition, excellent detail in the foreground leading the eye to the wonderful payoff in the distance! Looks cold :) I was in that national park not too long ago and found it to be an amazing place indeed! Great work accomplished here - from reading above I ascertain you have been away from FW. Please do not continue to deprive us of any of your future images!

ML
Thanks Mike. I was infatuated with the snow covered trees all day, so I had to include them in the foreground, the color balance difference was also something I liked about it. Yes, it was cold, low 30's, but I was on such a high shooting this spot, that I didn't even know it was cold...working with bare hands I didn't realize it was cold outside until just south of Seattle some two hours later. Yes...I tend to be able to spend time here in short phases...two jobs, a family and other photography related obligations keep me quite busy...you are quite kind, thanks!

Travis Rhoads

WOW this is a beautiful image!! Love Rainier and I haven't been there yet but it looks so Beautiful!
Thank you. This was my first trip to Rainier, and hopefully not the last. It was a very inspiring experience that changed me a little...

really like the foreground mood
Thanks, the light was so soft after the sun got really low.

Very nicely done!
Thank you very much.

Amaze-balls ! Love the framing off to the left and the subject in the far right !
Thanks, glad you like it. I am always trying to frame things a little different, using secondary elements to frame the edges or keep the eye in. Thanks for the feedback.

Top Bottom