Jon Buffington

From this morning. I met an online friend before dawn to show him this area I have shot extensively. Never at dawn though as I am usually solo and prefer to sleep in :) He is from California and has not ventured to many places. I am sure he captured some great images as well and looking forward to seeing what he got. I managed to squeeze a few frames off and was rewarding with some great colors as leaves were at peak here.

AlanLichty

Sweet view - lots of nice visual treats in this frame including the nice sun star and the colors. I like the twisted snag off to the left.

Jon Buffington

Thanks Alan. We were originally setup on the rock face in the mid ground but as the sun moved closer to the horizon, I thought the twisted old tree trunk at this spot would give a better anchor and that there was better fore and mid composition-ally speaking so we hustled over to this spot and setup just in time for the sun to peak over the horizon.

JimFox

Staff member
Hey Jon, what a fantastic view! So much about photography can be about quick thinking and quick hustling. You adjusted on the fly here really well as that old snag definitely provides some nice framing.

And I will echo Ben’s comments, please invite your friend here. :)

Top Bottom