Stanley, ID in living B&W

JohnC

OK, this is an experiment. After processing all my travel photos I went ahead and upgraded my C1 12 to C1 20 (with free upgrade to 21). I've been bouncing around the new version and found some built in Styles and Presets. I was not aware that there were any free ones built in. But regardless, it's there and I started playing around. I kind of like what I'm seeing so far.

JohnC

Thanks Kyle and Jameel.

Alan, I try as hard as possible not to RTFM if at all possible. I mean, anybody can do that. Right? Figuring it out on your own at my age is what keeps my mind active. :)

JohnC

Processing looks good to me - and the scene does too!
Thanks again Kyle.

Do you have any idea how the color in Yosemite Valley is progressing? Last year I went Nov 1 and it turned out to be too late. This year I noticed color in the Eastern Sierra developed later than prior years. I'm wondering if late color might be happening in the valley. I'd like to go next week if it is.

Kyle Jones

Thanks again Kyle.

Do you have any idea how the color in Yosemite Valley is progressing? Last year I went Nov 1 and it turned out to be too late. This year I noticed color in the Eastern Sierra developed later than prior years. I'm wondering if late color might be happening in the valley. I'd like to go next week if it is.
I have no idea. I went about Nov 1 two years ago and I think I was early :)

I've been in Montana for the last month so I haven't been paying attention to Yosemite.

JohnC

I have no idea. I went about Nov 1 two years ago and I think I was early :)

I've been in Montana for the last month so I haven't been paying attention to Yosemite.
OK, thanks. I thought that was in your backyard but maybe I'm thinking of somebody else.

JimFox

Staff member
Hey John, this scene and the processing looks really good. It looks like a worthy upgrade.

As for Yosemite, the first week in November has usually worked best for me. You must have hit it on the odd year. I went last year and was happy with my fall color, but I don't have my hard drives from last year with me to double check my dates.

I am heading back to California on Nov 1st so I can vote, so I could run up there to Yosemite possibly after that if the colors are looking good.

JohnC

Hey John, this scene and the processing looks really good. It looks like a worthy upgrade.

As for Yosemite, the first week in November has usually worked best for me. You must have hit it on the odd year. I went last year and was happy with my fall color, but I don't have my hard drives from last year with me to double check my dates.

I am heading back to California on Nov 1st so I can vote, so I could run up there to Yosemite possibly after that if the colors are looking good.
Thanks Jim. I usually try to upgrade every other year so I was due. I'm still only seeing the differences from version 12 to 20. 21 isn't yet released but I will get that as part of the upgrade too.

I'm going to try and see what photos I can find online from Yosemite this week and try and judge that. I know that Nov 1 you no longer need a day pass to get in until at least next spring. I'd like to go but I know from my Eastern Sierra visits this year that smoke can really vary from day to day and it does have a less than pleasing impact on some shots. And as usual, I'll be watching the winter weather, ready to go up on short notice should the valley get a nice coat of snow.

Top Bottom