Silencing of the Waves-Carolina Beach Fishing Pier

Travis Rhoads

In honor of my presentation on Long Exposure tonight, I thought I would share this B&W image that is a favorite from 2016.

I often refer to Long Exposures as images that reduce visual clutter, I often hear parts of an image looking at them. To look at an image of a firetruck, the sounds come to mind, an image of crashing waves stopped in action by a fast shutter speed brings the sounds that makes into my ears...so eliminating that visual, silences that for me. And that is where the title of this image came from. And in black and white, the distractions of color are taken away, allowing better focus on the real subject of the image.

The Silencing Of The Waves by Travis Rhoads, on Flickr

JimFox

Staff member
Hey Travis,

What a thought provoking title, especially once you explain it. And it's true in a very real sense. Very nice!

And the image is cool, I like the B&W work here. Its a great scene for a long shutter speed look.

Jim

Travis Rhoads

There's that tidal wave again. Lookout!
Yep, its still there in black and white!

Hey Travis,

What a thought provoking title, especially once you explain it. And it's true in a very real sense. Very nice!

And the image is cool, I like the B&W work here. Its a great scene for a long shutter speed look.

Jim
Thanks Jim. Some titles have little thought, some have more...this one falls into the more group. Thanks for the kind words.

Excellent for b&w. Very nicely done!
Thank you Barry.

I was looking for Clarice. Very good long exposure and processing.
LOL Ben! Thank you.

Top Bottom