Rainbow Over Pilchuck

Jim Dockery

I was hoping for a nice sunset after enjoying the thunderheads over the mountains when my wife and I went for a walk yesterday. From the backyard a while later I noticed a bit of a rainbow, so sent the drone up to check it out. First flight was good, but after waiting a bit I got this one with a more pronounced double rainbow. I would have shot another one as the light changed, but a shower forced me down.

Jim Dockery

Thanks for the comments guys. It is sure nice getting this view (with minimal effort) from my house now.

JimFox

Staff member
This sure looks super cool Jim!

Is the Drone water resistant at all? Or does the rain make it unstable to fly?

Jim Dockery

Pepper, I have a DJI Mavic 2 Pro.

Jim, they are water resistant, but not proof. A sprinkling won't hurt it, but flying in rain typically will get water on the lens, which will ruin the pics.

Douglas Sherman

Supporting Member

I was hoping for a nice sunset after enjoying the thunderheads over the mountains when my wife and I went for a walk yesterday. From the backyard a while later I noticed a bit of a rainbow, so sent the drone up to check it out. First flight was good, but after waiting a bit I got this one with a more pronounced double rainbow. I would have shot another one as the light changed, but a shower forced me down.
Very nice, Jim. That has to be a pretty wide lens to get the rainbow so tight.

Top Bottom