Pendleton Run Falls for Exhibit

Dave Johnston

I have just learned that the below picture of the fourth waterfall on Pendleton Run in Blackwater Falls State Park, West Virginia, was selected for the West Virginia Culture Center's 2019 Juried Exhibition. This includes all types of art, and only a few photographs are typically selected. This is the first such exhibit competition I have been able to enter as a resident of West Virginia, so I'm moderately stoked! The exhibit will run at the Culture Center until early next year, if you happen to find yourself in Charleston!

Dave

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Congratulations Dave, that a great achievement. That's a great image and you handles the suds very well, taking them from an eyesore to an integral part of the work.

MonikaC

You have some great lines in this, Dave! Congratulations on being selected. I'm afraid that I'm never in that part of the world, but I'd love to see it in print.

JimFox

Staff member
This is really sweet looking, no wonder it was chosen Dave! Good luck, and I hope you win. But if no matter what it's a cool honor to be chosen and then on display.

Dean

Congrats Dave.. beautiful image I’m sure it will be a strong contender..
Regards,
Dean

Dave Johnston

Thanks, all of you! I forgot to mention that I took this in 2015, but it sat on my hard drive until I stumbled across it earlier this year!

To be clear, this and the other works to be exhibited have already been selected, so as far as I'm concerned it already "won"!

Dave

Douglas Sherman

Supporting Member
I have just learned that the below picture of the fourth waterfall on Pendleton Run in Blackwater Falls State Park, West Virginia, was selected for the West Virginia Culture Center's 2019 Juried Exhibition. This includes all types of art, and only a few photographs are typically selected. This is the first such exhibit competition I have been able to enter as a resident of West Virginia, so I'm moderately stoked! The exhibit will run at the Culture Center until early next year, if you happen to find yourself in Charleston!

Dave
That is an excellent image, Dave. I am guessing there is a lot of tannin in the water because of all of the foam.

Dave Johnston

Thanks Jameel and Doug. You are right -- there is a reason this drains into the "Blackwater" River! Most of the streams in this area originate in highland peat bogs, so the water is tea-colored and waterfalls create a lot of foam.

Dave

Top Bottom