New Drones - What Do Our Current Drone Owners Think?

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
All the excellent drone images that continue to be posted on FW have me again thinking about a drone. I had been looking at the new Autel Evo II Pro, as I am very interested in stills, and that would seem to have the best potential for high quality still images. Now that the Mavic Air 2 is announced, that seems like an interesting option though as well. Smaller sensor without ability to control aperture, but can do a stitch to create a 48MP image (but likely not a raw capture...) and a very attractive price. And then at some point the rumor mill talks about a Mavic 3 that should get released.

Pretty easy to wait right now as harder to get out and use right now, but wanted to see what any of the existing drone owners here on FW might think about some of the newly announced (and hopefully soon to be announced) models out there...

ML

Jeffrey

I keep an eye out for all news from DJI. The new Mavic Air is cool but not better at photography than my Phantom 4 Pros. I think the near future Mavic 3 Pro might have a better camera than my P4P. this new mavic air claims to have a 48 MP sensor that is just .5"!! How does that happen?

Jim Dockery

I'm also looking in the near future. My Mavic 2 Pro is in the shop, but I haven't heard back how much to repair it, so don't know if I'll be replacing it. I agree that the Evo II Pro looks promising, but we'll have to wait for real world reviews to see if the specs play out in performance. I wouldn't be interested in the new air because I don't think it shoots RAW.

Jim Dockery

DPR posted a very positive review of the Mavic Air 2. If I was more into shooting video (not photos) it sounds great. If I had the $ I might buy one to carry back-country skiing since it's lighter than the Mavic Pro 2. They also pointed out that it can shoot 12 MP RAW.

Last edited:
Top Bottom