Morning Pools

Jim Dockery

Nice work. I like the light on the ridges leading into the shot. I can see spending a lot of time shooting this with a variety of angles and focal lengths.

AlanLichty

Nice work. I like the light on the ridges leading into the shot. I can see spending a lot of time shooting this with a variety of angles and focal lengths.
Thanks - I did exactly what you were thinking. I have more than a handful of shots taken with tighter scenes using longer lenses from that morning. It was fun light to play with.

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Alan, your patience at the scene is inspiring. Your shots of Yellowstone thermal features are among the best I have seen. Love this one.

AlanLichty

Alan, your patience at the scene is inspiring. Your shots of Yellowstone thermal features are among the best I have seen. Love this one.
Thanks. My patience with a scene is exactly why my wife doesn't want to hike with me when my camera gear comes along :D

Yep, that morning light really kisses those terraces so well, and really creates some great lines.
The terraces were spectacularly boring until the sun peeked over the ridges and then the terrace ledges just exploded with colors and light contrasts.

pepper

you can get some other wordly shots in that area. this one reminds me of salvador dali's persistence of memory painting. just add in a few melting clocks.

Top Bottom