Mammoth Reflections

AlanLichty

You had some nice clouds and colors for this shot.

Interesting scene in evening light. I only got to see the springs in morning light last year.

lionking

Supporting Member
I like the scene, but it looks too flat to me, all the recovered details in the shadows give it ,kinda, HDRish look, with cyan cast.
I would consider less dynamic range, and leave the sky and reflection to be bright.

Cheers.

rfkiii

Anyone see the deer trying to sneak by in the back?
Even after you called attention to the deer, I can't see them.

I am anxious to process my Mammoth Springs images from 3 weeks ago but I am OCD and have to finish my Glacier images which were shot first on the trip. No sunset or sunrise images. This was an unscheduled day trip to Yellowstone as this Texas boy was fleeing a blizzard going on upstate.

JimFox

Staff member
I like the scene, but it looks too flat to me, all the recovered details in the shadows give it ,kinda, HDRish look, with cyan cast.
I would consider less dynamic range, and leave the sky and reflection to be bright.

Cheers.
Thanks Andrey. I already reduced the cyan cast in ground (hill) area a lot. The initial processing it came out extremely blue. I did about a 4% shadow recovery on that cyan hill area, and I went back and forth a bit on it. So I might just darken it back up a hair and see if that helps to reduce the flatness you see.

pepper

looks like another planet with the trees growing out of the mineral rock and crazy sky. wonderful photo.

Douglas Sherman

Supporting Member
I see this image as rather interesting. I like the way the sunset reflects off of the thin layer of water on the hot springs

Top Bottom