Hayfield

JimFox

Staff member
On my way up to San Simeon last Saturday I took a detour off the normal Hwy 101 route that runs by it and took a side road that cuts across the hills and brought me back into the 101 close to Morro Bay. Along that exploration route, I saw a farmers field with a few scattered hay bales and though the Fish and Chips were calling to me, I had to stop and see what IR would do to it. There was no green in the image, so that cool orange wasn't going to show, but I thought I would give it a try anyway.

With this one it's only half IR processed, in that I did the first part of converting it to IR, but I didn't do the Channel Swap as I liked how cool the ground looked in blue. Almost like snow, but not quite.

All comments are welcome,

Jim

_D851639_dw.jpg

JimFox

Staff member
Now Jim when are you going to combine IR with deep space?
Ha ha... like never... though... when I get an Astro lens, and modified camera I can use filters that only allow certain wavelengths of light. I think some of those are similar to IR wavelengths.

Jameel Hyder

Staff member
Interesting combination of colors in the sky and ground - almost looks like two different images.

Amy Nelson

Supporting Member
lol...Green Gold, ya got to love it (well in this case blue). You got some great cloud structure there.

Top Bottom