Growth

Amy Earl

Good morning!
Here's a close-up taken a couple weeks ago that I pulled up to work on today. I really love working with backlighting in nature. I often look for leaves or blades of grass with the light shining through them when I'm out walking. I started editing this one first, then moved to a couple others in the series which caught my eye because they were brighter, busier and included the sun itself, but I ended up coming back to this one because I love the minimalism - the way the little leaf stands out alone in a sea of blue tones. What do you think? All comments welcome.

IMG_7623-Edit-2048px.jpg

Jameel Hyder

Staff member
Nicely seen Amy. The backlight works really well. Did you consider cloning the partial leaf at the bottom of the image?

Amy Earl

Excellent comp - I love the backlit leaf as well as the selective focus here. Nicely seen Amy.
The backlighting is really awesome. I can see why you are drawn to these.
Nicely seen Amy. The backlight works really well. Did you consider cloning the partial leaf at the bottom of the image?
Thanks all! I did consider it Jameel and decided it didn't bother me, though now I'm looking at it again I think it might be an improvement to get rid of it - it would help isolate the subject even more. Thanks for pointing that out.

Top Bottom